Colorado Learner Permit Requirements
The following are the requirements and guidelines for obtaining a learner’s permits in Colorado.
These requirements are dependent upon the age of applicant.
- 16 to 21 years old Minor Instruction Permit
- 16- 18 Present a completed Affidavit of Liability and Guardianship (DR2460)
*The Minor Instruction Permit allows only the signer of the DR2460 and/or the Driver Education Instructor to complete and log the 50 hours required on the drive time log sheet.
- Applies to all permits-
- Alternate Permit Supervising Driver - If the parent does not hold a valid Colorado Driver’s License, they may appoint an supervising driver who is at least 21.
- Hold the permit for a minimum of 12 months before applying for a Driver's License.
- Proper Identification-
- Provide your state or county certified birth certificate or another acceptable form of identification
- Provide your social security card (beginning July 1st, 2015)
- Pass both written and vision screening tests
- Complete an Affidavit of Liability and Guardianship: form DR2460
*DR 2956 - This will be provided to you upon completion of our "Colorado approved online driver education program" - Register Here